- Bloody Awful Poetry Day 1: Welcome and Clem’s Clerihews
- Bloody Awful Poetry Day 2: The Villanelle, friend of the lovelorn
- Bloody Awful Poetry Day 3: Oh, no! It’s Limerick Time (you knew there had to be one)
- Bloody Awful Poetry Day 4: Faith tries an Anacreontic (What? It’s a real thing…honestly)
- Bloody Awful Poetry Day 5: Can You Resist Andrew’s Ballad? (Why would you try???)
- Bloody Awful Poetry Day 6: Fic: Almost A Sonnet
Welcome to Bloody Awful Poetry Day!
Poetry is about reflection, about different ways of seeing and expressing. So, as my contribution to the season, I bring you some Buffyverse characters writing their views of Spuffy. Quite badly, on the whole. (I daren’t attempt haiku, of which there are many distinguished examples, especially some gorgeous Spaiku. But some rarer forms of poetry allow even the worst poets – that would be me – to experiment and have some fun…)
A snack for starters:
By Clem, late season 6
Buffy Anne Summers
Took on all comers
In the sense of demons slayed
Of course, not necessarily implying getting laid.
William the Bloody (aka Spike)
Never saw a fight he didn’t like.
Ending up with a Slayer lover
Will have pride of place on his autobiography’s cover.
Hope you enjoy! (But if you really care about poetry, please just keep scrolling.)
Originally posted at http://seasonal-spuffy.livejournal.com/323691.html